Home › Forums › Warehouse Insight › Update to the Latest Version
Brett FMay 1, 2023 at 12:39 pmPost count: 3
How do I update the device apps to the latest version?
I followed the instructions from here https://kb.dmsiworks.com/knowledge-base/push-warehouse-insight-updates-to-devices/ but just get this when I reload the configuration on the device: the Error v2.9.8356.2 The current applications version ‘2.9’ is less than the server installed extension version ‘2.10’. The application may not function correctly until it has been upgraded.Brandon EstradaMay 1, 2023 at 4:09 pmPost count: 4
From the sounds of it the currently installed version of Warehouse Insight in Business Central is 2.10.
To have the update pushed to the devices automatically you can ensure the ‘Android Device Version‘ is set to the currently installed version, 2.10, in the ‘Warehouse Insight Setup‘ page, on the scanner reloading the configuration will prompt for an update to the installed application.
An alternative method to update the application on the scanner would be directly from the ‘Warehouse Insight installation Report’.
1. From the Installation Report ensure the ‘Android Devices’ URL contains /2.10/ (or the currently installed version).
2. Open the scanner’s web browser (Usually ‘Chrome’ or ‘Browser’ on most Android Scanners).
3. Scan the Android Devices APK barcode from Step 1 of the Installation Report in the browser’s URL field.
4. Select the Enter key beside the URL field (you will be automatically prompted to download the WHI APK).
6. Open the downloaded file (from notifications or the ‘open’ button that pops up on screen), and accept the needed permissions.
7. Click Yes to Update. Warehouse Insight should now be updated to the latest version.Brett FMay 2, 2023 at 3:15 pmPost count: 3
Hi, so the 2nd method updated the device application. However I am now getting a different error: Error (v2.10.8494.3) The version ‘2.10’ data upgrade on the server has not been completed. The device may not function correctly until the extension data has been upgraded. This can be done via the Warehouse Insight Setup page.
When I go to the Warehouse Insight Setup Page, it now says the the Configured Version is 2.9. When I go to Extension Management, it says it is 2.10.8494.2.
How do I fix this new error?Brandon EstradaMay 8, 2023 at 9:07 amPost count: 4
After updating Warehouse Insight to the latest version be sure to press the ‘Update Data‘ action in the blue notification area in Business Central. This can also be found in Warehouse Insight Setup > Actions > Update Data.
This update data action will finalize the update in Business Central and load the latest extension data.Brett FMay 8, 2023 at 1:41 pmPost count: 3
Hi, I get this message when I click Update Data:
If requesting support, please provide the following details to help troubleshooting:
The request was blocked by the runtime to prevent accidental use of production services.
Internal session ID:
Application Insights session ID:
Client activity id:
Time stamp on error:
AL call stack:
“WHI Assisted Setup”(CodeUnit 23044911).DownloadAndApplyConfigurationFile line 7 – Warehouse Insight Advanced WMS by Insight Works
“WHI Assisted Setup”(CodeUnit 23044911).DownloadConfigurationFiles line 33 – Warehouse Insight Advanced WMS by Insight Works
“WHI Assisted Setup”(CodeUnit 23044911).UpdateInstallData line 25 – Warehouse Insight Advanced WMS by Insight Works
“WHI Setup”(Page 23044900).”acUpdateData – OnAction”(Trigger) line 2 – Warehouse Insight Advanced WMS by Insight WorksBrandon EstradaMay 16, 2023 at 9:49 amPost count: 4
It seems that this issue is related to HTTPClient Requests being disabled for the extension. To ensure proper functionality of all Insight Works extensions, you need to enable this toggle within Extension Management. Here’s how you can enable it:
1. Search for “Extension Management” in Business Central.
2. Open the cards for the Insight Works extensions.
3. Within each card, locate the toggle labelled ‘Allow HttpClient Requests‘ and enable it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.