Home › Forums › DocXtender and NavXtender › DocXtender was not able to create a sharepoint link. › Reply To: DocXtender was not able to create a sharepoint link.
August 20, 2021 at 8:07 am
Post count: 43
Here are some steps to troubleshoot using attachments in DocXtender:
1. Can the user manually attach documents to the page in Business Central? Click the “Select file” action (or the + sign if links) to upload a file instead of dragging and dropping it. If not, are you trying to drag the file before the record has been created?
2. Is the user set up in Business Central with both IWORKS COMMON and DOCX-USER (or higher) permission?
3. Does it make a difference if the user drags a file directly from Windows File Explorer instead of from an application?
4. In Extension Management, has “Allow HttpClient Requests” been enabled for both DocXtender and IWorks Common? Click the ellipses next to each to select “Configure” to check. This may get reset with each Business Central update.
5. The base “Attachments” factbox must be visible on any page DocXtender will be used. If it does not show on the page, open personalization and make it visible.
If attachments are not working with SharePoint:
6. Can the user open the SharePoint site in the same browser as Business Central without being prompted to login? If they are prompted, DocXtender will not be able to connect automatically. The login is just cached in a browser SharePoint cookie, nothing is stored in Business Central. Exactly the same as if you log into SharePoint and use the “remember me” option. Running in a private window or different browser, or logging out of the Microsoft login, will prompt you to log into SharePoint again.
7. Make sure that both the SharePoint Site and SharePoint Host fields are filled in on DocXtender Setup.
8. Can the user manually create SharePoint folders and drag & drop a file into the new folder when not using DocXtender?
9. Try removing the SharePoint Folder from the DocXtender Setup to see if that helps. The user might have access to the root SharePoint site, but not to sub-folders.