Some carriers offer a discount on shipping with a predefined package. You can configure optional predefined packages for a carrier in NAV with Dynamic Ship 2.2.2 or Business Central with Dynamic Ship 2.5 or higher.
- Open the Dynamic Ship Carrier List page and select the desired carrier (must be selected before rate shopping).
- Click on the Carrier menu and select Predefined Packages.
- Select one option for the predefined package to be associated to:
- Shipping Agent Service Code
- License Plate Template Code
- Enter a valid predefined package for the carrier.
Note: Predefined packages are a billing function, not a service. Most carriers do not allow testing of billing functions. Their test server is only for testing the label creation process and are not tied to billing, so they may not recognize alternate rates in test. To try these settings, you will need to switch to the production EasyPost API key in Dynamic Ship Freight Integration Providers. Once labels have been generated, the order can be refunded in Dynamic Ship 2.5 or on the EasyPost website. Make sure to reset it back to the test API key when done so that production orders are not accidentally created.