There are several possible ways to configure item tracking in NAV. Depending on the configuration used the lot/serial numbers are handled differently by NAV and the Count Module:
- Non Specific – Optional item tracking where you don’t need the lot/serial number on a transactions.
- Item Tracking with bins not mandatory – where you don’t have bins or locations set up but you have items being tracked by lot or serial number.
- Non-warehouse item tracking with bins mandatory
- Warehouse item tracking with bins mandatory.
- Warehouse item tracking using advanced warehousing.
To generate counts sheets with separate lines for each item being tracked tracking if:
- Item tracking is enabled, and bins are not mandatory or,
- i.e. you have 10 items in stock and you have 3 bins that the item could be stored in, you’d need to generate 30 possible line combinations for each item.
- Warehouse item tracking is enabled with bins mandatory.