Set up facial recognition
The following instruction show you how to complete a basic setup for facial recognition.
- Ensure your webcam is compatible with windows (if the webcam works with the Windows 10 Camera app, it likely works with ours).
- Configure your simple time clock to connect to the Shop Floor Insight service instance.
Note: Do not proceed until the first two steps are complete.
- Navigate to the Shop Floor Authorization Types page in Business Central
- Locate and enable the authorization type called FACE.
- Input “enablefacerecognition” in the Custom Flags
- Start the simple clock (IW.TimeCollectionModule.TimeClock.exe ).
Note: If the previous steps are done correctly, you now see camera feedback. If you see camera feedback without a square following the face, the “enablefacerecognition” step is missing.
With the facial recognition enabled, you can see a box that follows the face. Instructions may also appear (e.g., please step closer).
Train a face to an employee
Ensure you have completed the Set up facial recognition section before beginning this section. To train a face to an employee, have the training barcode printed and complete the following at the terminal:
- Scan the employee badge.
- Scan the training barcode.
- Step closer to the terminal if prompted.
- Wait until the training percentage progress bar completes.
Once you have finished training a face to an employee, facial recognition allows you to clock in.
Note: When using the terminal, follow the prompts on the screen (e.g., Move closer to the terminal if “Please step closer” appears; look directly into the camera if “Please look directly into the camera” appears).