Creating a Master Count Sheet can provides a baseline to compare the count against.
- Normally used for non-directed counts
- Useful for directed counts as well.
Master sheet contains a list of all items in the system with a Quantity on Hand. It helps to identify any items not counted.
- The ”Uncounted Parts” report can be used as well.
There are a couple of different ways to reconcile the counts
Line level differences on a per line level . It gives you the differences in the “Quantity” and “Amount.
- The Expected Quantity value depends on the line’s item/bin configuration. It will Be:
- Bin Quantity for bin-mandatory locations
- Lot/serial number quantity for tracked items with bins “off”
- Lot/serial quantity in the specific bin if item tracking is “warehouse” enabled
- On-hand quantity if none of the above
Analyzing total differences on a count can be handled with two options.
- Count Difference report
- Count Difference Summary page
Both report the total differences per item and per lot/serial number.
Count Difference Summary is exportable to Excel.