WMS Express offers the ability to print to a local printer from your handheld.
Because Business Central Cloud is a cloud service, it cannot reach local printers connected to users’ machines. However, it can connect to cloud-enabled printers. WMS Express uses a third-party service called PrintNode to connect local printers to the cloud.
The following describes how to set up PrintNode and configure Business Central to allow you to print from your handheld to a local printer.
Set Up PrintNode
- Go to www.printnode.com and create an account.
- Select a free or paid plan depending on your printing needs.
- Install the PrintNode Client on the computer(s)/server(s) that have access to the printers you want to use.
- The PrintNode Client will list the available printers and you can choose which ones to make available.
- On the PrintNode website, create an API Key and make note of it as you will need to enter it in Business Central.
Configure Business Central
- Go to the Insight Works PrintNode Setup page and enter the API Key you created.
- Go to the Insight Works PrintNode Printers page and then select Actions > Functions > Get Printers.
- Make note of the Printer Name for the printer you want to use.
- Go to the WMS Express Device Configurations page and open the configuration for the handheld you want to print from.
- Fill in the Label Printer Name and Regular Printer Name with the names of the printers you want to use.
- You will now be able to print from your handheld.