Print From Your Handheld in NAV/Business Central On-Premises
Warehouse Insight offers the ability to print from your handheld to a local printer.
The following describes how to install the printer driver and configure NAV/Business Central to allow you to print from your handheld to a local printer. These instructions apply to any NAV/Business Central on-premises installation, though for the sake of brevity, only Business Central will be referenced.
Install the Printer
- Sign in to the server where Business Central Server is installed using the Business Central Server Service Account.
- Install the printer driver and make sure that the printer is listed in Devices and Printers.
Configure Business Central
- Go to the Printer Selections page. You do not need to add any entries here, you are just verifying that Business Central can see the printer.
- Expand the Printer Name drop-down list and make sure the printer you just installed is available. Make note of the printer name.
- Go to the Warehouse Insight Device Configurations page and open the configuration for the handheld you want to print from.
- On the General FastTab, enter the printer name in either the Label Printer Name or Regular Printer Name field, depending on the type of printer.
- You will now be able to print from your handheld.
- In Business Central, go to the Insight Works Report Selection page. Depending on your version of Warehouse Insight this page may also be called Report Selection – WMDM or Report Selection – IWX.
- Change the Usage to “Item Label”.
- For the Report ID, enter “23044511”.
- For the Printer Type, choose “Label Printer”.
- From the Warehouse Insight home screen on your handheld, open the Item Inquiry application.
- Scan an item. If you do not have a barcode you can manually select the item with a double-tap on the item or by tapping the item and selecting Menu > Choose—or, if your handheld has a physical keyboard—tapping the item and pressing Enter.
- Select Menu > Print.
- The item label will print to the label printer specified on the Warehouse Insight Device Configuration page in Business Central.