Warehouse Insight offers the ability to print from your handheld to a local printer.
The following describes how to install the printer driver and configure Business Central to allow you to print from your handheld to a local printer. These instructions apply to any Business Central on-premises installation.
Install the Printer
- Sign in to the computer where Business Central Server is installed, using the Business Central Server Service Account.
- Install the printer driver and ensure the printer is listed in Devices and Printers.
- Configure the Printing Preferences and Printing Defaults for the printer to match the size of your report/label.
The “Document is queued to print.” message on the handheld is a generic message that indicates the print request was sent to the server. It does not indicate the print was successful. If your label is not printing, please check the Windows Event Viewer Application Logs on the computer where the Business Central Server is installed. Look for an entry of type “Error” that relates to the print request and review the details for an explanation of why the print failed.
Figure 1 – Windows Event Viewer
Common causes of a print failure include:
- The printer not being correctly installed per the instructions above.
- The printer being offline or the print queue being paused.
- The Printer Name being incorrectly entered on the device configuration in Business Central.
- Trying to print a report that does not have the correct top level data item for the print context on the handheld.