Business Central provides the ability to over-receive product based on Over-Receipt templates. The design of this functionality causes it to be accessible only from within the Business Central web client and does not run properly when executed from web services (e.g., Warehouse Insight). Download the attachment to allow the built-in over-receipt logic to be executed from the Warehouse Insight application on the handhelds.
To use the over-receiving functionality:
- Configure over-receiving as described in the Microsoft Business Central documentation and ensure it works as expected from within Business Central.
- Add the three included files to a custom extension (either a new one or an existing one; you may need to renumber or rename the objects within the files to match your existing numbering and affix requirements).
- Install the extension to Business Central.
- Open the Scan Behaviors page from within Business Central (see Modify Scan Behaviors for more information).
- Locate your receiving application (e.g., PURCHASE_IN_DOC or WHSE_RECEIPT_DOC).
- Set the Quantity Validation field to Validate or Prompt and Validate.
- Reload the configuration on the handheld and attempt to over-receive.
Note: The built-in Business Central over-receiving functionality can cause unexpected behavior. If over-receiving is not working from Warehouse Insight, ensure you are able to perform the same functions in the Business Central client and clean up data as required (e.g., remove the Over Receipt Code from the lines).