Note: For earlier versions of Warehouse Insight, find the documentation here.
NAV data configuration consists of the primary elements:
- RapidStart package configurations
- Application xml files
- Icon images
The following sections describe the steps required to configure NAV.
For NAV installations of 2017 and higher, use the Update button on the Warehouse Insight Setup page to guide you through the installation.
- Open the RTC page Warehouse Insight Setup (Warehouse Mobile à Administration à Warehouse Insight Setup).
- Press Update.
- Choose Yes (imports the RapidStart data).
- Select the installation media folder where the RapidStart data is located (e.g., C:\2.0.7380\InstallationConfiguration\RapidStart).
- Choose Yes to import the icon images.
- Select the installation media folder where the icons are located (e.g., C:\2.0.7380.0\InstallationConfiguration\Icons).
- Choose Yes (imports the Application xml).
- Select the installation media folder where the Application xml files are located (e.g., C:\2.0.7380.0\InstallationConfiguration\ApplicationXML).
- Choose Yes to import the device executable (e.g., .apk and .cab) files.
- Select the installation media folder where the executables are located (e.g., C:\2.0.7380.0\Scanner Files).
- Press OK when completed.
- Create the Web Service entry required (see Create the Web Service).
Note: You may re-run the update if required and choose to skip parts of the installation if needed.
If the Auto Configuration is not an option or is generating errors, you may also attempt a manual configuration.
Import Starting Data
Using the RapidStart files included with the installation media, import the starting Warehouse Insight application data.
- Open the RTC page Configuration Packages (Administration > Application Setup > RapidStart Services for Microsoft Dynamics NAV > Configuration Packages).
- Press Import Package.
- Select rapidstart from the installation media and press Open (generates a configuration package called WHI SETUP).
- Select the WHI SETUP package and press Apply Package (confirmation opens).
- Press Yes to apply the data.
- Press Import Package (Import File opens).
- Select rapidstart from the installation media and press Open (generates a configuration package called WHI TRANSLATIONS).
- Select the WHI TRANSLATIONS package and press Apply Package (confirmation opens).
- Press Yes to apply the data.
Application xml files need to be imported for use on the devices. The process below walks through importing one of them. The other ones follow a similar pattern based on application name.
- Open the Warehouse Insight Applications page (Warehouse Mobile > Administration > Applications).
- Select ADHOCMOVE.
- Press Edit and press Import.
- Choose the file name that matches the application code xml file located in the installation media
- Press Open.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the applications listed.
Icon images need to be imported for use on the devices. The process below walks through importing one of them. The other ones follow a similar pattern based on icon name.
- Open the Warehouse Insight Device Icons page (Warehouse Mobile > Administration > Device Icons).
- Select ADD.
- Right click on the Image field and choose Select Picture.
- Choose the file name that matches the Icon code png.
- Press Open.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the icons listed.
Create the Web Service
An exposed web service must be created for the devices to communicate with. The following steps walks through the process of creating the service.
- Open the Web Services
- Create a new entry with the following details:
- Object Type: Codeunit
- Object ID: 23044500
- Service Name: WMDM
- All Tenants (if applicable): True
- Published (if applicable): True
WHI Manager Profile
An additional profile has been included that can be used for the WHI Whse. Mgr. Role Center. To import the profile, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client.
- Go to Profiles, and choose Import Profile…
- Select the WHI Manager Profile.xml file and choose Open.
- Restart the client to begin using the new profile.
Complete the Setup
With the initial data configuration loaded, complete the final steps:
- Create a Device Configuration entry:
- Open the Device Configurations page (Warehouse Mobile > Setup > Device Configurations).
- Create new entries for the location(s) you plan to use with Warehouse Insight.
- Adjust the Warehouse Insight Setup entry (Optional).
- Adjust the License Plate Setup entry (Optional).
Note: By default, an entry has been created but any modifications can now be done as desired.