A shipment manifest can be generated from within Dynamic Ship. This can be used by the driver to receive multiple shipments at once, and may even be mandated by the USPS driver.
You must first enable this aspect of the integration.
- Navigate to the Dynamic Ship Carriers.
- Find the entry for USPS.
- You must ensure “Manifest Report Handling” is set to “Carrier” to use the API functionality for manifests.
You must now create the manifest.
- Navigate to Dynamic Ship Shipment Manifest List.
- Create a new manifest.
- You must set the “Location Code” as all shipments must have the same ship from address.
- You must set the “Shipping Agent Code” to the USPS entry.
- Use the “Get Shipment Documents” action.
- You will be presented with a list of License Plates that match the location and shipping agent criteria. Select all that you wish to manifest.
- “Release” the manifest. If you receive an error, please see below.
- Finally, you must “Print Manifest Report”. This will open a page to a PDF of the manifest.
Known potential errors:
- Unable to create manifest. 1 of the specified shipments were not found: shp_xyz123
USPS manifests all shipments automatically at 17:00 Pacific Time. Those shipments can no longer be manifesting by the system. You must remove them from the manifest to continue. You should not rely on this auto manifesting as you cannot retrieve the corresponding manifests. You can attempt to avoid this by selecting only shipments from the current day, not previous ones.