The Inventory Count Module for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central by Insight Works allows Inventory Managers to easily manage complete or partial physical inventory and WIP inventory counts. Users can identify items to count, generate count sheets, and enter the physical count in to Dynamics 365 Business Central.
In addition, the Warehouse Insight Module can be used with handheld scanners to enter the inventory count into the Count Module.
The Count Module addresses most of the weaknesses in the base Dynamics 365 Business Central physical inventory tools. The module simultaneously supports all possible inventory setups in Dynamics 365 Business Central:
- No Locations,
- Locations without bins,
- Locations with bins not mandatory,
- Locations with bins mandatory, and
- Locations with Directed Put-away and Pick enabled (Advanced Warehousing).
- Any of the above configurations with item tracking (serial numbers and lot numbers).
- Bins mandatory with warehouse lot/serial tracking.
- Directed pick with warehouse lot/serial tracking.
To use the module, the user creates an inventory count card and groups parts into separate count sheets. These groupings can be done based on any item criteria but are most likely to be done based on location, bin location, or shelf number.