This article contains instructions for installing and configuring the Dynamic Ship Analysis app for Power BI.
Dynamic Ship Analysis is available for Business Central Cloud environments running Dynamic Ship version 2.5 or newer. On-Premises environments are not supported.
Dynamic Ship Analysis has two components:
- The Dynamic Ship Analysis extension to be installed in Business Central. This extension contains the queries needed by the Power BI report. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the extension.
- The Dynamic Ship Analysis Power BI app. This can be downloaded from AppSource here: Dynamic Ship Analysis (microsoft.com)
Before you can use Dynamic Ship Analysis, you must complete the following tasks:
The Dynamic Ship Analysis Power BI app is available as a template app that can be installed from Microsoft AppSource. Here are the requirements for installing, customizing, and distributing a template app:
- A Power BI pro license
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of Power BI
- Valid installation link from the template app creator or AppSource
- Permissions to install template apps.
Visit Dynamic Ship Analysis (microsoft.com) to download and install the Power BI app.
Detailed instructions for installing and configuring Power BI template apps and sharing them with others can be found here: Install, share, and update template apps in your organization – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
1. When opening the app for the first time you will be viewing sample data. To connect to your Business Central environment, select Connect your data:
2. After selecting Connect your data, you will be prompted to enter four parameters to connect to your Business Central environment and define how the report aggregates by date. Enter the parameters then select Next to proceed.
3. On the next prompt, select Sign in and connect, then follow the prompts to sign in using the same username and password you use to sign in to Business Central.
It may take a few minutes for your data to become available in Power BI. You can now view the report and share it with others in your organization.