The Dynamic Ship Analysis Power BI app is available as a template app that can be installed from Microsoft AppSource. Here are the requirements for installing, customizing, and distributing a template app:
- A Power BI pro license
- Familiarity with the basic concepts of Power BI
- Valid installation link from the template app creator or AppSource
- Permissions to install template apps.
Visit Dynamic Ship Analysis (microsoft.com) to download and install the Power BI app.
Detailed instructions for installing and configuring Power BI template apps and sharing them with others can be found here: Install, share, and update template apps in your organization – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
1. When opening the app for the first time you will be viewing sample data. To connect to your Business Central environment, click “Connect your data”:
2. After clicking “Connect your data”, you will be prompted to enter four parameters to connect to your Business Central environment and define how the report aggregates by date:
3. Enter the parameters then click “Next” to proceed.
4. On the next prompt, Click “Sign in and connect” and follow the prompts to sign in using the same username and password you use to sign in to Business Central.
It may take a few minutes for your data to become available in Power BI. You can now view the report and share it with others in your organization.