Configure DocXtender Setup
From Microsoft Office 365 Business Central, DocXtender can be configured manually for a custom setup.
Configure DocXtender Storage
- Search for “DocXtender Setup” in Business Central and open (DocXtender Setup opens).
- Define and adjust settings as required (changes are automatically saved):
- File Storage Behavior: select either Document Attachments (stored internally in Dynamics 365 Business Central’s Document Attachments) or SharePoint (stored externally in SharePoint).
- Drop Behavior: Select Silent (no notification) or Confirmation (notification when a document has been attached or uploaded.).
- Duplicate Behavior: Select one of the following:
- Prevent (duplicates will not be attached or uploaded)
- Rename Automatically (duplicates will be renamed)
- Rename Prompt (user will be prompted to rename duplicate; not supported by SharePoint option)
- Replace (duplicates overwrite existing file; not supported by Document Attachment option)
- SharePoint Host: Input your company’s host (e.g., usually set to “[yourcompanyname].sharepoint.com”).
- Note: DocXtender currently only supports SharePoint online hosts. You cannot specify a self-hosted SharePoint server here.
- SharePoint Site: Input the site name to upload documents to (optional, but recommended).
- SharePoint Folder: Input the parent folder name documents will upload to (optional, but recommended).