How to Create Shipment Manifests in Dynamic Ship
Most LTL carriers will require a manifest so that the driver knows that they have picked up the whole shipment. This document will show how to produce that report to include with the shipment.
Manifests are optional for all small package carriers except for Canada Post. All other small package carriers receive their manifest data electronically, so they do not require a printed copy.
For Canada Post, search for “Dynamic Ship Carrier List” and make sure that the Manifest Report Handling is set to “Carrier” for all Canada Post entries:
All other carriers can be left at the default of “System” for their manifest reports.
To generate a new manifest:
- Search for “Shipment Manifests” or browse to: Departments >> Dynamic Ship >> Shipment Manifests.
- Click New to start a new manifest.
- Tab off the manifest number to let it auto-fill.
- The Location Code will default to the current user’s location. You can change it to any other location the user has access to.
- Select the Shipping Agent Code that you want to use.
- Click Get Shipment Documents.
- Select all of the desired license plates and then click OK.
- Click Release and then Print Manifest Report.
Note for Canada Post, the carrier report will get a PDF online that is generated by Canada Post. These manifests must be generated daily before pickup. Since 3rd party billing accounts are considered a different carrier, 1 manifest needs to be generated for each Canada Post account that was shipped that day. If the manifests are not generated the same day as they are picked up, they will fail because it is too late to process. If a package does not get manifested before pickup, make a new manifest that will not be printed so that it is marked as complete and the system won’t try to pick it up on future manifests.