Please note that alternate billing (third party) may not be successful while using a test API key. Not all carrier’s test servers will support it as this is often tied to billing functionality. To test this, you will need to temporarily switch to a production key. Please refund generated labels via EasyPost.
There are three ways a customer’s shipping account can be billed.
1. On an order to order basis
- Open an order in the Package Worksheet
- Start packing the order.
- From the menu above the package lines select Process, then Package Options.
- Open Package Options for the first package (numerically) in the order.
- In the Package Options, scroll down to the Additional tab. There’s a grouping for Alternate Billing.
- Choose Payment Type from the drop-down list, then enter the Payment Account No. Enter the Payment Zip, this is the Zip/Postal Code of the Billing Account. Enter the Payment State/Province and the Payment Country, this is a two-digit ISO code, for example United States = US, Canada = CA. Exact requirements will differ by carrier, however completing all fields will not hinder the third-party billing.
2. Automatically via the Customer Options and a Package Options Template
- Search for Dynamic Ship Package Options.
- Select New from the ribbon, this will open a new Package Option card.
- Enter a Template Code and Description that is identifiable for the customer it applies to.
- In the Additional tab, there’s a grouping for Alternate Billing.
- Choose Payment Type from the drop-down list, then enter the Payment Account No. Enter the Payment Zip, this is the Zip/Postal Code of the Billing Account. Enter the Payment State/Province and the Payment Country, this is a two-digit ISO code, for example United States = US, Canada = CA.
- Search for Dynamic Ship Customer Options.
- Select New from the ribbon, this will create a line to enter the information required.
- Select the Customer No. the package option just created belongs to, tab over to the Package Options Template Code, then use the drop down to select the Package Option Template created for the customer.
- Note that entries can be configured per Ship-To Code and/or per Shipping Agent Code. When Use As Default is configured, it will always apply this Customer Option when nothing more specific is found.
- When you create a new package in the Package Worksheet, these options will be automatically applied.
- If these details are already stored elsewhere in NAV/BC and you do not wish to transition the data to our tables, the process can be automated with code.
- This requires using the Dynamic Ship “Package Options” or “Post Build Package Options” extension events, or the NAV event onAfterInsertEvent for the table DSHIP Package Options (23044608).
- Please ask your partner for more details, or read this article for more information.
When you make a label request with third party, the carriers indicate this on the first label:
Labels for multiple boxes may show this only on the first box.
3rd party billing is not to be confused with “FedEx Ground Collect” which does not use an account number and is not available on any other carriers or services.
“UPS Consignee” does not use a bill to receiver account so it is not supported.