To get started creating Applications, you should already have the prerequisite components in place and access to a test device. This section describes the configuration and guides you through creating a simple Hello World application.
This section provides a very quick tutorial into making your first application. Follow the steps below to create a simple link on the main page of the handheld that displays a message to the user. More detailed descriptions, interactions and usage scenarios are provided in the following sections.
- Open the Application page (search for “Warehouse Insight Applications”).
- Select New.
- Input “HELLO WORLD” in the Code field.
- Select Design.
- Select the When the Form Opens control from the Events group and drag it onto the design area.
- Select the Display a Message control from the Interactions group and drag it under the previous control to connect them.
- Select the green String Variable from the Variables group and drag it onto the Title connector of the message control.
- Input “My Message” for the title.
- Select another green String Variable from the Variables group and drag in onto the Message property connector of the message control.
- Input “Hello World!” for the value.
- Select the Close Form control from the Actions group and drag it under the Display a Message control so that they connect.
- Select Save.
- Open the Device Menus page in Business Central to associate the new application to a menu.
- Choose Main from the Form dropdown options.
- Insert a new record and enter the following values:
- Caption: Test Application
- Icon Code: Add
- Standard Action: Start Application
- Application: HELLO WORLD
- Launch Warehouse Insight on the device (an icon for the new application is available).
- Select Test Application on the device (application message appears).
More detailed descriptions, interactions and usage scenarios are provided in the following sections.