Datalogic Falcon X3 Scanner Timeout
If a scanner goes into power save mode or drops the wifi connection the Warehouse Insight app will need to reset and log back in each time.
On a Datalogic Falcon X3 there are 3 timeouts that need to be changed so that the device does not power down and disconnect:
- Start >> Settings >> System >> Power >> Auto-Off
- If the device powers off it will need to re-connect to the WMDM app.
- Set both timeouts to 15 minutes (higher if the battery can handle it):
- Start >> Settings >> System >> Backlight >> Brightness
- The display can go dim while still remaining connected.
- Disable ‘Dim if idle’:
Under the Auto-Off tab set both timeouts to 5 minutes:
- Start >> Settings >> Connection >> Laird >> Profile >> Power Save
- The wifi needs to stay active as long as the device is powered on (Continuous Active Mode).
- Change Power Save to “CAM”: