Configuring Dynamic Ship in Business Central
Dynamic Ship Setup Wizard
Please run the Dynamic Ship Setup Wizard. This will apply common base Business Central shipping agent and service and the correlating Dynamic Ship carrier and service. Other common data included is the Units of Measure, EasyPost Freight Integration Provider Entry, as well as base configuration.
Activation Key (API Key)
The Freight Integration Providers needs to be configured to EasyPost, this is the API key that was mentioned above. The API Key is entered Dynamic Ship to link EasyPost for live Shipping Rates.
- Select the Search Icon and enter Freight Integration Providers and choose the related link.
- Enter the EASYPOST API Key in the API Key field. Ensure you enter the correct API key, for Test Environment enter the Test API key, or Live Production enter the Production API key
Units of Measure
EasyPost the service uses the imperial measurement system for the dimensions and weight of the packages. The weight is in ounces (oz) and the dimensions are in inches (in). You can define units other than those used by EasyPost for your packaging. For example, the weight of your packages can be defined in pounds or kilograms instead of ounces. To use alternate units of measure, you must enter the conversion factors to be used in the Insight Works Unit of Measure table. Dynamic Ship will convert these units to ounces and inches for use with EasyPost.
- Select the Search Icon and enter Insight Works Unit of Measure and choose the related link.
- Select Edit List.
- Enter the Code for the Measurement you wish to add, ensure this code is not already in the list.
- Enter the Description.
- Enter the Category this Code will apply to, for example Dimension or Weight.
- Enter the Qty. per Unit of Measure, this will be what the conversion rate is from the unit you are creating to the EasyPost measurements. EasyPost uses OZ for Weight and IN for Dimensions.
- Close the window and select the Search Icon and enter Dynamic Ship Setup and choose the related link.
- In the General Fast Tab ensure the Package Dimension is set to INCH and the Package Weight is set to OZ. This is part of the Setup Wizard.
Users must be configured for Dynamic Ship by enabling a “License Plate” permission.
- Select the Search Icon and enter Insight Works Users and choose the related link.
- In the USER ID field specify the users that will be utilizing Dynamic Ship.
- Ensure the Check box for Manage License Plates is selected for the users that will be using Dynamic Ship.
Carrier Label Report
You can specify a different NAV report for printing carrier labels. Most carriers use the 4×6 format for printing their shipping labels, which is supported by the built-in 23044601 report.
- Select the Search Icon and enter Dynamic Ship Setup and choose the related link.
- In the General Fast Tab check the Carrier Label Report ID, the Setup Wizard should have auto populated the 23044601 report. If this is not there, enter it.
All carriers that will be used with Dynamic Ship must be configured. The Carrier List references existing BC “Shipping Agent” and “Shipping Agent Services” entries. Common carriers are configured with Setup Wizard.
- Select the Search Icon and enter Dynamic Ship Carrier List and choose the related link.
- Enter the Shipping Agent Code into the Code field.
- Enter the Account ID provided by EasyPost in the Account ID field.
- Enter EasyPost into the Freight Integration Provider Code field.
- Select Carrier in the Ribbon and then Services to add the Shipping Agent Service to a carrier.
- If you need to configure a new carrier, the service tab needs to correlate to the services found for the carrier here.