A handheld scanner needs to be provisioned before it can use Warehouse Insight.
The Warehouse Insight desktop client should already be configured and functional before configuring scanners:
Connect Warehouse Insight Desktop Client to Business Central Cloud
- Make sure the scanner is charged up and connected to Wifi. You should be able to at least navigate to www.google.com or any other internet websites. If that needs to be setup, see:
DataLogic Falcon WiFi Configuration
- In Business Central, search for the “Device Configurations” report or browse to Warehouse Insight Report >> Device Reports >> Device Configurations.
If the links in this report are not working try the barcodes listed at the bottom of this document.
- Open Internet Explorer (or any browser you have) on the scanner, clear the address barand scan the WMDM barcodeinto the URL Bar.
- With each scan, accept the download and install to the default directory.
- Repeat for the other two barcodes only for Falcon (Windows Embedded) scanners. Other scanners (Windows CE) only require the WMDM CAB.
You can use the MyMobiler to connect the scanner with your desktop/share the screen of the scanner. (Only for Windows Embedded)
(If you are able to connect the scanners to the desktop through USB, then you just drag and drop the files.)
1. Set decoding format on the scanner.
Set prefix to <
Set suffix to >
Leave data separator blank
Steps for Falcon Scanners
Go to Start > Settings > Systems > Decoding > Configure > General > Formatting
Steps for Skorpio Scanners
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Decoding > Configure > General > Formatting
*Depending on the scanner you have, the path of the setting will be different.
2. The type of barcode being used must also be enabled in:
Configure > 1D/2D Bar Codes > [barcode type]
3. For Code 39 it may be necessary to disable full ASCII conversion:
Configure > 1D/2D Bar Codes > Code 39
Print out barcodes for scanner configuration. Or manually type it in one the WMDM Configuration screen.
1. Open Business Central and search for “Warehouse Insight Device Configuration Label” in the search bar, then select the following settings:
Web Service Access Key
- In Business Central navigate to “Users”.
- If a web service access key does not exist, click the “…” next to it and accept the warning.
- Print the report and scan the combined barcode in the following screen on the scanner:
*Make sure decoding format in step 3 is set before you scan the barcodes. If the decoding format is not set, the barcodes will not scan properly. *
3. When the scanner reloads, if the connection was successful the application icons will appear:
4. Test the scanner by opening the Inquiry module, and scanning an Item barcode.