You can save your shipping preferences on the Customer Options page to apply them to all your orders automatically. These options apply to Sales Orders (or Warehouse Shipments with sales order lines). Complete the following to create shipping preferences:
- Open the Package Option Templates
- Create a template with the settings that you want to apply.
- Open the Dynamic Ship Customer Options page and assign the template to a customer.
- Select Edit List.
- Define the filters in the customer options (determines when to apply the template):
- Customer No.
- Ship-To Code
- Shipping Agent Code
- Shipping Agent Service Code
The following six options define the shipping preferences in the example below. All options (e.g., specific email addresses, package, or shipment option templates, etc.) apply for customer 10000.
- Applies if the Ship-To is blank on the order. Shipping Agent and Service do not matter. This rule is set as the default for the customer and applies whenever there is not a more specific rule. You do not have to specify a default, but there can only be one per customer. Use Customer default for settings that are not carrier specific.
- Only if the Carrier is FedEx. Ship-to and Service do not matter. There can only be one Customer and Carrier default per carrier. Use Customer and Carrier for settings that are carrier specific (e.g., alternate billing account).
- Only if the Ship-To is Calgary. Shipping Agent and Service do not matter.
- Only if the Ship-To is Edmonton. Shipping Agent and Service do not matter.
- Only if the Ship-To is Edmonton AND the Shipping Agent is preset as FedEx on the order. Applies regardless of chosen service but no other carrier.
- Only if the Ship-To is Edmonton AND the Shipping Agent is preset as UPS AND the Service as GROUND on the order. Applies with the chosen service. If the order is any other Service, does not apply.
The following examples are ordered from least specific to most specific: