Canada Post has a complex third-party billing procedure that requires you to authorize your account to bill them. You may need to enable separate Canada Post accounts configured with billing from the third party.
You must be able to ship from Canada Post using the following method. Values (1), (2), and (3) are all are required later.
- Go to Canada Post’s registration page.
- Create a business profile.
- Complete the form.
- Choose Enterprise for the profile type.
- Enter the Customer number and Contract number of the third party you want to bill.
- Confirm registration.
- Go to the following page.
- Select Developer Program from the navigation bar on the left.
- Select Join Now.
- The production API key and password are required for Add account details below.
You now have the following view, where 4 is the API key you need to use for the account.
Adding the account details to EasyPost must be done manually via curl or another method. Add account details by completing the following:
- Download curl here (runs from within “curl-7.67.0-win64-mingw\bin\curl.exe”).
- Use the following curl command:
- Use the same customer and contract number used in Configure a new third party account above (pad to 10 digits with leading zeros if needed).
- Enter API key without the spaces (e.g., abc:def).
- Pass the Paid-By-Number in the Bill Third Party Account No. field of the Package Options and/or Package Options Template (pad to 10 digits with leading zeros if needed).
For assistance in adding your account to EasyPost, contact Support.
For issues adding your account to Canada Post, contact your Canada Post account representative.