The Inventory Count Module has the ability to calculate NAV Physical Inventory Counting Period Codes based on each item’s percentage of the overall cost for outbound transactions. To configure and execute the functionality, launch the “Count Period Code Percentages” page.
- Open the Count Period Code Percentages page.
- Add the physical inventory count codes you would like to calculate in the “Invt. Counting Period Code” field. This is a look-up to the NAV Phys. Invt. Counting Period table.
- Populate the “Max. Pct. Of Items by Cost” field. This represents the threshold for each count period code. In the example above:
- the top 10% of items will be classified as “FAST”
- the next 30% of items (between 10% and 40%) will be “NORMAL”
- the remaining 60% (>40% to 100%) will be classified as “SLOW”
- Once the data is populated, click the “Calculate Count Period Codes” button to launch the “Calculate Count Period Codes” batch job.
- The options on the batch job are:
- Date Filter: the date range to calculate usage (cost) for.
- Item Filter: the items to evaluate
- Calculate SKU: if this is enabled, only SKUs will be updated. If this is not enabled, only items will be updated.
- Location Filter: enabled for SKUs only – allows you to specify which locations to calculate usages for. Only SKUs with this location will be updated.
- Variant Filter: enabled for SKUs only – allows you to specify which variants to calculate usages for. Only SKUs with this variant will be updated.
- Calculate Next Count Period: if enabled, will also update the “Next Count Period” on the item or SKU using the standard NAV logic.
- Once the filters are set, click “OK” to execute the job.
- Click either the “Item List” or “SKU List” buttons to view the items classified for each count period code.
Note: the calculation logic is based on two NAV Query objects (two for items, two for SKUs). These can be adjusted without a developer license to change how items are classified.