Note: For earlier versions of Warehouse Insight, find the documentation here.
While the specifics for setting up each device differ based on the make and model, the steps below are applicable to all and required. Each of the steps are outlined in more detail in the following sections.
- Configure the WiFi.
- Download and install the software.
- Configure the barcode/wedge settings.
- Configure the software to connect to Business Central.
Note: For more information and steps for configuring your device, contact Support.
Configure the WIFI
The specifics for configuring WIFI vary based on the device and network environment. The device must be able to reach the Business Central SOAP web service for the application to be able to communicate with Business Central.
Install Warehouse Insight APK
The Warehouse Insight .apk file is the main application for Warehouse Insight. To install the .apk file, complete the following:
- Open a web browser (e.g., Chrome).
- Enter the following URL (replace the version number with the first two parts of the version you are installing; e.g., “2.0.7380.0” would just be “2.0”): https://app.dmsiworks.com/wp-content/uploads/endpoints/warehouse-insight/releases/2.0/software/com.insightworks.warehouseinsight.apk
- Select OK to accept the warning message if needed.
- Open the installation .apk.
- Install the application.
- Press Open to launch.
- Select Allow to enable the required permissions.
- See the remaining sections for configuring the software to connect to Business Central. Note any special instructions mentioned for when configuring the Data Intents.
Note: You can install this file by copying the file to the device and launching it from there.
Configure the Data Intents
The Warehouse Insight application requires that the barcode scans be sent via Data Intents. If this is not configured, scans are not registered in the application.
Remove wedge scanning codes (e.g., carriage returns or tabs). If you do not remove, unexpected behavior may occur in the application (e.g., messages/errors being automatically hidden or dialogs automatically closing).
The following steps for configuring are based on the Honeywell CK65. Other models need to change the values.
- Go to the Scanner Settings (Settings > Honeywell Settings > Scanning > Internal Scanner).
- Choose Default Profile.
- Click Data Processing Settings.
- Toggle Data Intent to on.
- Open the Data Intent settings.
- Set the fields as instructed to on the Warehouse Insight Welcome page (typically, the intent Action should be set to whibarcode and all other values left blank).
Note: Most Android scanning devices have similar options available. For additional assistance, contact Support.