There are three ways to configure and choose a Journal Batch to use when performing a Reclass entry with the scanner:
Option 1: Have the system match the login Username to a user-specific journal batch (RECOMMENDED).
Option 2: Have the system match the Device Name to a device-specific journal batch (Available for Warehouse Insight version 2.5 and up).
Option 3: Have the system use a hardcoded journal batch (shared across all scanners).
For Business Central versions, logins are enabled by default. For further instructions on using logins with pre-Business Central versions of NAV, please see documentation on the Warehouse Insight Overview page.
- Create a Transfer Journal Batch for each user logging in on the scanner:
Note: The system automatically uses the created batch that corresponds to the username of the user that has logged in on the scanner.
- Navigate to the Item Reclassification Journal in Business Central.
- Select the ellipse on the Batch Name field (opens Item Journal Batches).
- Create a new batch for each user logging on the scanner, using their Business Central username as the new batch name (do not include the Domain if one exists).
- Navigate to the Device Configuration Card that matches the Device Code the scanner is using and ensure one of the following:
- Reclass Journal Batch field on the Warehouse tab is blank.
- Whse. Reclass Journal Batch field is blank for Locations that use Directed Picks and Put-Aways.
NOTE: In older versions of Business Central, numerical values in a batch name are auto incremented by Business Central. The original batch is deleted, and a new batch with the next number in line is created. For example, a batch called USER1, becomes USER2 and the system no longer matches USER1 up to a batch. The solution is to ensure numbers are not used in the username/batch name.
NOTE: All scanners using the same Device Configuration Code share the selected journal batch for Reclassification entries. To avoid issues with users overwriting each other’s work in this scenario, use one of the options above for having the system automatically select a batch.
Cause: This is due to a non-specified journal batch in the Device Configuration for the scanner for Reclassification entries through the Ad Hoc Move module.
Solution: On the Device Configuration Card (1.8.x versions and older called PDA Configuration Card), choose a Reclass Journal Batch to use. If the Location is configured to use Directed Pick and Put-Aways, choose a Whse. Reclass Journal Batch instead.