Business Central License Descriptions
With the Dynamics 365 Business Central Device license, multiple users can use a device that is licensed with a Dynamics 365 Business Central Device to operate a point of sale device, shop floor device, or warehouse device. A single device can provide any of the following functionality and can have a combination of each.
Point of Sale
One device located in the Commerce location or store, used by any individual, for completing customer facing sales of goods or services transactions. Note that a Commerce location or store is a physical location (static or mobile, such as a food truck) operated by you when closing goods or services transactions with customers.
One device located in what Microsoft call a commerce location but basically a store or shop. It Is limited to performing the following capability at that one location.
Managing and replenishing inventory
- Balancing cash registers and processing daily receipts
- Configuring and maintaining menu options displayed
- Purchasing supplies and services required to run the store operations
- Managing store staff
- Processing reports required to analyse and manage the store results
- Managing master data related to the store operations
Manufacturing Shop Floor
This device license has been designed to help you run your manufacturing shop floor. The capability is designed to support the manufacturing process and the managers of the manufacturing facility to manage the team and work in that department. It offers you the following capability:
- Clock-in and clock-out for attendance tracking
- Starting and finishing production jobs (including project activities carried out on the shop floor)
- Reporting progress
- Materials consumption and completion
- Viewing documents and instructions related to production jobs
- Viewing worker holiday balances
This license will live in a device in your warehouse and support you with inventory, warehouse and supply chain information.
- Receiving inventory
- Putting-away inventory
- Doing internal stock transfers
- Picking and packing inventory
- Capturing product attributes
- Shipping goods plus performing inventory count checks in the context of a warehouse management system
- Posting output and materials consumption against production orders when captured as transfers of raw materials and finished goods between a warehouse and a production line (all other types of transactions are excluded)
- Financial Management – Includes the following features and more: basic general ledger, budgets, fixed assets, cash flow forecast, multiple currencies, bank reconciliation, allocations, account schedules, check writing, cost accounting, inter-company postings
- Artificial Intelligence – Cash flow forecast, inventory forecast, sales forecast, image recognition, late payment prediction
- Customer Relationship Management – Contact management and classification, opportunity management, relationship management, task management, business inbox for Outlook, email logging, interaction/document management, campaign management, and pricing
- E-Services – Document exchange service, document capture and management, bank feeds (U.S., Canada, and U.K.), Microsoft Pay, and more
- Human Resources Management – Basic HR
- Project Management – Basic resources, job quotes, capacity management, project management jobs, timesheet, multiple costs
- Supply Chain Management – Includes the following features and more: basic inventory, basic payables, basic receivables, calendars, demand forecasting, drop shipments, item attributes, item tracking, purchase invoicing, purchase order management, requisition management, sales invoicing and discounts, sales order management, Sales tax/VAT
- Assembly Management – To support companies that supply products to their customers by combining components in simple processes without the need of manufacturing functionality (Business Central includes features to assemble items that integrate with existing features, such as sales, planning, reservations, and warehousing.)
- Warehouse and Inventory Management – Automated data capture system, bin set-up, internal picks and put aways, pick, warehouse management systems, warehouse receipt, warehouse shipment
- Other functionality – Analysis reports, change log, job queue, user tasks, notifications (on-premises), embedded Power BI, reason codes, Word and document reporting, workflow, unlimited companies, extended text, user management, Intrastat
In addition to the features you get with Essentials, Premium offers Service Order Management and Manufacturing capabilities with a subscription of $100 per user per month.
- Service Order Management – Service order management, service item management, service price management, service contract management, planning, and dispatching
- Manufacturing – Production orders, production bill of materials, basic supply planning, basic capacity planning, version management, machine centers, finite loading, sales and inventory forecasting, agile manufacturing
Team member license includes read access and limited write access to selected and light tasks across Dynamics 365 Business Central as well as limited functionality for that user.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Team Members users can do the following:
- Read within Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Update existing data and entries in Dynamics 365 Business Central. Existing data means records such as customer, or seller of items already created. Entries means specific entries which, from an accounting perspective, must be updated to specific information (for example, due date on customer’s financial statement).
- Approve or reject tasks in all workflows assigned to a user
- Create, edit or delete a quote
- Create, edit or delete personal information
- Enter a journal for Jobs
- Use PowerApps for Dynamics 365
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.