Home › Forums › Warehouse Insight › How to setup Zebra MC3300 series scanner to work with Warehouse Insight? › Reply To: How to setup Zebra MC3300 series scanner to work with Warehouse Insight?
You should also check the Warehouse Insight configuration to make sure Intents are the default barcode recognition method. Normally the system recognizes the device and presets the proper settings, but if it didn’t recognize the device type for some reason, it may have defaulted to using the keyboard wedge for barcodes.
To make sure Intents are set up correctly:
- From the main menu, tap the menu and “Configure”. The default password for configuration is 1234 (you can change that in the configuration screen).
- Tap the menu in the config screen and choose “Barcoding”
- Set Barcode Wedge to “Android Intent”
- Set Intent Action to whibarcode
- Make sure Intent Category is blank
- Set Intent Barcode String to com.symbol.datawedge.data_string
- Tap the menu and select Close to close and save changes
In the Zebra settings, it’s also best to turn off the keyboard wedge. If you leave the keyboard wedge enabled, make sure you turn off any suffix characters.
As a side note: using the Intents is highly recommended, but if you prefer to use the Zebra the keyboard wedge, you can enable that in the Barcoding settings. You will need to configure prefix and suffix characters in the Zebra wedge that match the ones you configure in Warehouse Insight.